The Outer Banks is a great destination to bring your dog with you when taking a vacation. Not only will your pups get to enjoy the beach alongside you and your family, but they will get to enjoy a vacation as well. Staying in one of our Pet-Friendly vacation rentals will allow you to bring your dog(s) along with you. Let’s look at a few things on how your family and pets will enjoy your vacation to the Outer Banks.
What to Bring
We know that packing for a family vacation can be a little complicated at times, especially when you bring along your dog. Making sure that you have everything that you need for your pup is important as you want them to feel right at home. Be sure to pack their kennel or crate with you as it can not only help them keep safe but will allow you to go out and enjoy the local area. Pack enough food that will last the length of your stay and plenty of treats. Don’t forget to pack their food & water dishes, bed along with favorite blankets. Choose some special toys for the car ride here and the week you’re staying. Also, you can’t forget their harness, collar, and leashes with you as you can take your pups for a walk or run on the beach.
Beach Fun with your Dogs
One of the best things about bringing your dog with you to the Outer Banks is that many of the beaches allow dogs. Our local beaches vary in leash laws depending on the season. Be sure to stay up to date and read our Pet Friendly Information when selecting an Outer Banks vacation home. Before you hit the beach with the pups, you will want to make sure that you have a few of the following items for the day.
- Fresh Water – this is to allow your pups to drink clean, freshwater that isn’t salty. Too much saltwater can cause your dog to get sick, and we don’t want that to happen while on vacation.
- Harness & Leash – No matter what beach you go to for the day, you will want to make sure that you have your dog harness and leash with you at all times.
- Beach Umbrella – anytime you are on vacation, bringing a beach umbrella is a critical essential to have. Not only will it help keep your kids safe from the sun and a little cooler, but it will do the same for your dogs.
- Toys – bringing a few toys that your dog can play with while you’re on the beach is a good thing to have. Just grab a few tennis balls, frisbee, and more just to keep them entertained too.
- Sunscreen – Did you know that dogs can get sunburned too? We all know how it feels when you get burned, and we don’t want that to happen to your pups either. Grab some dog sunscreen before you leave for vacation.
- Towel – Bring a separate towel that can be used on your pup while you are on the beach and vacation. This way, you can dry them off fast, either on the beach or at the vacation rental.
While there are many other things that you can bring with you while on vacation for your dog, these are just a few things we wanted to share with you. If you haven’t booked your next trip to stay in one of our Pet-Friendly vacation rentals, now is the time. We hope to see you and your family on your next trip soon!
Joe Lamb Jr. & Associates is one of the most trusted vacation rental managers in the local area by growing into a market leader in the Vacation Rental and Sales Industry. Joe Lamb Jr. and his family have played a vital and intricate role in the Outer Banks Community for decades. Over the past 50+ years, Joe Lamb Jr. & Associates have worked diligently to help promote the Outer Banks for the amazing beach and family vacation destination that it is, helping to increase tourism in the area and grow our beautiful community.