Outer Banks Towns - Southern Shores
Sea Oats, Southern Shores Beaches
Southern Shores in the Outer Banks, North Carolina is a community located between Kitty Hawk and Duck. Primarily residential, Southern Shores offers peaceful uncrowded beaches with conveniently located access sites. All of our homes are located within walking distance of the beach with grocery stores, shopping and restaurants only a short drive away. This community offers a wonderful variety of homes ranging from houses known locally as beach boxes to upscale tri-level estates with private pools.
|Book Your Outer Banks Vacation Rentals in Southern Shores|
Southern Shores Communities
- Pelican Watch Townhomes Sixteen of the units are oceanfront and eight are Semi-oceanfront/Oceanside. Each unit has access to the community pool and good beach access. The location of this community is convenient to grocery stores, drug stores, Large chain stores and locally owned restaurants. This comples is a greatchoice for your family vacation on the Outer Banks.
Local Amenity Programs linked with vacation homes in Southern Shores
- Southern Shores Civic Association & Tennis Club homes - Some of our vacation homes are members of the community civic association known as the Southern Shores Civic Association (SSCA). The association affiliated vacation homes provide permits for parking at Hillcrest Beach and at the intersection of Ocean Boulevard and Duck Road or what we call "The Beach Access at the Blinking Lights" to access four miles of Southern Shores beaches.
- OCEAN BOULEVARD BEACH ACCESS at the BLINKING LIGHTS - This beach access is located on Ocean Boulevard, a couple of miles north of the road's origin where Duck Road begins as a fork in the road. Look for the blinking lights on the road and stay straight and immediately find parking on the left-hand side of the road. Your SSCA parking pass will allow you access to this private parking.
- HILLCREST BEACH ACCESS - Hillcrest is the second stop light on Duck Rd. (after the blinking lights). Immediately off of Duck Road take a right onto Hillcrest Drive to find this access. It’s amenities include parking, bathrooms and multiple gazebos for shade. Parking passes are required to park here.
There are three sound side marinas one with a boat launching area. The Southern Shores Civic Association also has a sound side wading beach off of N. Dogwood Trail that is very good for little children. At Sea Oats Park there is a picnic area, a childrens play area and parking. A basketball half-court, soccer field, and play area are close by plus biking and walking trails. Affiliated homes are given passes for access to the SCCA designated areas. SCCA Tennis Club members will be given key code upon arrival and sign-up sheets are at the courts. Tennis courts are located on the south side of Hillcrest Drive and are for day use only.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT SOUTHERN SHORES
Surf Rescue provides life guard services along Southern Shores beaches and stands are staffed from Memorial Day to Labor Day at Hillcrest Drive, East Dogwood and at Chicahauk Trail beach accesses. There are two lifeguards who patrol on four-wheel ATV's. ATV lifeguards are on duty daily from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM from May 1st through October 15th. Southern Shores Town Ordinances require that you take down all canopies, tent, umbrellas each night.
BEACH ACCESS WARNING: Some Southern Shores beach accesses require residential parking passes that a guest pass can not be substituted for. Also, remember all accesses are for day time use only. Please read all signs carefully to avoid being ticketed or towed.
- Town of Southern Shores - A community of Friendly People.
|Find an Outer Banks Vacation Rental in Southern Shores|
252-261-4444 / 800-JLambJR / 252-261-3270 (Fax) / firstname.lastname@example.org