TIPS FOR RECYCLING ON THE OUTER BANKS
Please recycle if at all possible. We appreciate your making the special effort for protect our fragile environment.
- Duck - Pick-up service on MONDAYS - Recycle bins/cans are provided - put container out the night before.
- Southern Shores - Pick-up service on MONDAYS - Recycle bins/cans are provided - put container out the night before.
- Kitty Hawk - Drop off center open Monday, Thursday, and Saturday - 9:00am to 3:00pm. Directions to Kitty Hawk recycling: Turn west on West Kitty Hawk Road, across from the Kitty Hawk Post Office (approx. 4 milepost), follow West Kitty Hawk Road then turn left on Bob Perry Road there will be a small brown sign saying RECYCLE and an arrow pointing left on the shoulder of roadway. Stay on Bob Perry Road, the recycle center is on the right. There is also a Public Boat ramp and picnic area here.
- Kill Devil Hills - Located at 701 Bermuda Bay Boulevard. To get to Kill Devil Hills recycling center: Turn right on Ocean Bay Boulevard if you are coming from the north. Turn left if coming from the south at the gas station. The center is on the left about one-half mile.
- Nags Head - There are recycling bins provided. See the sticker on yours for pick-up day.